[ASC-list] SE-Qld ASC Christmas shindig reminder

Michelle Riedlinger michelle at econnect.com.au
Thu Dec 4 01:04:20 UTC 2008

Don't forget to RSVP for the ASC SE Qld Christmas shindig by tomorrow.

We need final numbers by COB Friday, 5 Dec!

ASC members, family and friends are invited to the SE-Qld ASC Christmas
party. Due to popular demand we are going back to the Planetarium and on to
the Regatta Hotel!

When: Saturday 13th December 2008 at 5.30pm (sharp! - there is no admittance
to the show once the doors have closed)

Where: The Sir Thomas Brisbane Planetarium (look for the ASC group) and then
the Regatta Hotel for food and drinks (teleporting to be confirmed/car
pooling available)

Mark Rigby (who did such a fabulous show for ASC last year) will take us on
an exciting “live” full-dome spaceflight. We’ll chart a course through the
wonders of the Solar System, past the most distant space probes, beyond the
stars that form the familiar constellations, and on to the outskirts of the
Milky Way galaxy.

Cost: $15 (or $10 if you are only coming to the Planetarium)

Dress: Festive - your best/worst Christmas accessories (optional)

RSVP: Friday, 5 December to Michelle (details below) - and please let me
know if you are coming on to the Regatta after the Planetarium.

The Planetarium show will finish around 6.40pm and we will regroup at the
Regatta at 7pm for more festivities.

Come along for a fantastic show and a chat/network with ASC members as the
end of the year draws nigh. 2009 is the International Year of Astronomy so
we are getting in early.

Cheers, Michelle.

Dr Michelle Riedlinger
Econnect Communication
0400 577 843
michelle at econnect.com.au
www.econnect.com.au

Good things, when short, are twice as good - Baltasar Gracián (1601-58)

1 ream of paper = 6% of a tree and 5.4kg CO2 in the atmosphere
3 sheets of A4 paper = 1 litre of water Please consider the  environment
before printing this email