[ASC-list] Hot Stars, Cool Judge

Niall Byrne niall at scienceinpublic.com.au
Thu Dec 4 20:30:15 UTC 2008

An evening with James Morrison and Fred Watson

400 years after Galileo pointed his telescope to the skies, we celebrate
the International Year of Astronomy in 2009 with an evening that will
eclipse all others.

James Morrison, jazz musician extraordinaire joins Fred Watson,
Astronomer in charge of the Anglo-Australian Observatory and familiar
ABC guest for one night of star studded entertainment.

 Take a trip though our heavens first hand with Fred Watson and reflect
on it further with great jazz standards like "Fly me to the Moon"  and
"Stella by Starlight"

8pm 20th February 2009,

Verbrugghen Hall Sydney Conservatorium of Music, Macquarie Street Sydney

Tickets are available through www.fredwatson.com.au/Hotstars

Questions - City Recital Hall 02 8256 2233

_______________

I'm in Italy for the World Congress of Science and Factual Producers
(which will be in Australia next year). I'm returning 10 December.

I'm checking email each day and my colleagues will check my email for
urgent matters on work days.

Niall Byrne

Science in Public

ph +61 (417) 131 977