[ASC-list] Canberra job - Questacon Smart Moves Invention Convention Coordinator (APS Level 5) [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
VGardos at questacon.edu.au
Thu Dec 4 22:30:07 UTC 2008
Smart Moves Invention Convention Coordinator
APS Level 5
The Centre is seeking applications addressing the selection criteria
outlined below, for the above employment opportunities. Your application
should also include curriculum vitae.
This position involves organising and running the 2009 Questacon Smart
Moves National Youth Entrepreneur Conference. The conference is for
secondary students from years 8-12 and is designed to empower
participants to enable them to commercialise their science, engineering
or technology ideas.
The selection criteria for the position(s) are as follows:
1. Demonstrated experience in running conferences or
equivalently large events. Experience with running and developing youth
events would be an advantage.
2. High-level written and oral communication and liaison
skills with a wide range of people, including students, teachers,
researchers and leaders from business, industry and the community.
3. Demonstrated highly developed organisational skills,
including the ability to adapt to changing situations and to develop and
4. Ability to supervise students aged 13-18 and also staff
would be an advantage.
5. Ability to work effectively both independently and in a
small team, without direct supervision.
6. Demonstrates a commitment to high ethical and profession
standards and practices in all aspects of work.
The special requirements of this position will involve:
* Maintenance and wearing of the uniform and safety equipment
provided in the manner specified.
* Possession of a current driver's license, and the ability to
drive a motor vehicle.
* Successfully completing a working with Children check.
* Willing to take on Duty of care responsibility of a number of
This position is full time non-ongoing for a period of 5 January 2009 to
22 May 2009. For more information regarding this position please
contact Ms Bettina Payne on (02) 6126 2232.
Applications should be emailed to recruitment at questacon.edu.au
<mailto:recruitment at questacon.edu.au> or forwarded to
Questacon - The National Science and Technology Centre
Location Code: 920
PO Box 5322
KINGSTON ACT 2604
by: COB 18 December 2008
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ASC-list