[ASC-list] New Scientist give-away

Peter Pockley scicomm at bigpond.net.au
Fri Dec 12 05:33:23 UTC 2008

My operating arm, Science Communication, is running out of storage
space again. Two years ago we began a clearance by offering many back
copies of the journals Nature and Science to worthy causes in science
and its communication, education and related areas. Two institutional
libraries picked up the separate blocks and added them to their
collections. This saved them from being shredded and pulped!

The space created by departure of these boxes has now filled up and,
again, I offer another large block, this time of the weekly magazine,
New Scientist, beginning in March 1987 and continuing through to
December 2006. The copies are sorted in date order and are in ten
boxes of the type used for selling reams of A4 paper.

As previously, if there is competition for this offer, applications
will be judged according to their perceived use in the broad public
and/or professional interest. The collection is offered as a block
only and is not available in selected parts or as individual copies.
The collection is free of charge. The successful applicant will only
have to arrange for collection. There is easy access to the store at
street level.

You may submit an application by email or fax. Please state your
affiliation and include a brief note on the use to which you or your
organisation would put the collection.

I would appreciate it if you could copy this offer to your librarians.

Regards all!

Peter Pockley, DPhil
Science writer & broadcaster

25 Avenue Road, Glebe, Sydney
New South Wales 2037, Australia
Phone: +61 (0) 2 9660 6363; Fax +61 (0) 2 9660 6239
Email: scicomm at bigpond.net.au

Outgoing emails are first checked for viruses by Trend Micro PC-cillin.
Please use phone or fax for anything urgent, and for alerting me to
an important email.