[ASC-list] Home found for back copies of New Scientist

Peter Pockley scicomm at bigpond.net.au
Tue Dec 23 11:32:15 UTC 2008

On 12 December, I promulgated through the ASC List the availability,
free, of nearly ten years of copies of New Scientist magazine which
had become necessary for relieving an overfull storeroom

I am pleased to announce that a most constructive home has been found
for this collection via Dr Bill Palmer, who described his interest thus:

1. I am an ASC member and have been since its inception.
2. I am a recently retired academic (science education) who worked
at  CDU (NT) for 18 years.
3. My wife and I now live in Melbourne
3. Recently we visited a new Tanzanian University, St John's
University, Dodoma ( <http://www.sjut.ac.tz/>http://www.sjut.ac.tz/ )
4. We plan to work there as volunteers in March/ April 2009
5. On our visit we observed that the library had no journals/ magazines.

My thanks to the operators of the ASC List which made this offer and
acceptance possible.

Peter Pockley, DPhil
Science writer & broadcaster

25 Avenue Road, Glebe, Sydney
New South Wales 2037, Australia
Phone: +61 (0) 2 9660 6363; Fax +61 (0) 2 9660 6239
Email: scicomm at bigpond.net.au

Outgoing emails are first checked for viruses by Trend Micro PC-cillin.
Please use phone or fax for anything urgent, and for alerting me to
an important email.