[ASC-list] SYDNEY: Spoken word at the Tap Gallery, Thursday 10th July

John August johna at babel.apana.org.au
Thu Jul 3 23:01:27 UTC 2008

I'll be reading out some material at the Tap Gallery in Darlinghurst (278
Palmer St, close to Oxford street) on the 10th of July - this coming
Thursday.

See : http://www.tapgallery.org.au/clubtap01.htm

That's their performance evening - including poets, comedians, songs,
instruments and the spoken word.

Normally my material is wide and varied - but I'll put on some science
related material if we've any ASC attendees, including one or more from :

- My original work "A view from the 1870's" - including reference to the
  historical figures of George Stephenson, Thomas Drummond,  Pierre Laplace,
  Mary Somervile and Florence Nightingale.

- My experience of an Australian eclipse from Woomera a few years back.

- A speech prepared for Nixon if the astronauts landing on the Moon could
  not make it back.

Regards,

--
Gee ...  a thermonuclear bomb ...  you don't see one of them everyday.  HEY !
MAL !  Come and have a look at this !

John August, convener The Sydney Shove - www.sydneyshove.org