[ASC-list] FW: ASC SE Qld event - The Science of Flavour: Wine, cheese and other good stuff

Annie Harris Annie.Harris at dtrdi.qld.gov.au
Tue Jul 22 01:11:35 UTC 2008

Just a reminder to RSVP as soon as possible for this event so we can
make sure there's enough wine and cheese to go around!

> The Science of Flavour: Wine, cheese and other good stuff.
>
> Ever wondered what makes a good red wine taste so good? Or how a
> cheese can smell so bad, yet tantalise the tastebuds?
>
> Come to the ASC South East Queensland July Event to learning the
> secret science behind our favourite flavours whilst sampling some
> top-quality Queensland cheeses and wines.
>
> When: Tuesday 29th July, 6.15pm for 6.30 start.
> Where: Ahimsa House, 26 Horan Street, West End, Brisbane
> How much?  $15 members, $18 non-members
> RSVP: Please rsvp to annie.harris at dtrdi.qld.gov.au by Friday 25 July
> for catering purposes.
>
> Speakers:
> Dr Heather Smyth, DPI&F -  Heather will talk about the science behind
> what makes wine taste good, and her current research into how to make
> the best-possible tasting mango, chocolate, stonefruit and tropical
> seafood.
>
> Mr Norris Lewis, Rosalie Gourmet Market - Norris will take us on a
> journey into the fascinating, tasty, and often smelly, world of
> cheese, sharing his experiences as an international cheese judge.
>
> Please feel free to forward this notice to non-members who may be
> interested to attend.
>

> Annie Harris, Senior Project Officer, Science Partnerships and
> Engagement
> Department of Tourism, Regional Development and Industry
> Level 10, 111 George St, Brisbane, Queensland 4002
> PO Box 15168, City East, Queensland 4002
> T+61 7 3224 2383 F +61 7 3225 8754
> E annie.harris at dtrdi.qld.gov.au
> <mailto:firstname.lastname at sd.qld.gov.au>
> www.dtrdi.qld.gov.au

Unless stated otherwise, this email, together with any attachments, is
intended for the named recipient(s) only and may contain privileged and
confidential information. If received in error, you are asked to inform the
sender as quickly as possible and delete this email and any copies of this
from your computer system network.

If not an intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute or
take any action(s) that relies on it; any form of disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this email is also prohibited.

Unless stated otherwise, this email represents only the views of the sender
and not the views of the Queensland Government.