[ASC-list] Marine science project

Annie Harris Annie.Harris at dtrdi.qld.gov.au
Wed Nov 26 05:41:47 UTC 2008

Message posted on behalf of Olaf Meynecke - please contact him if you
can offer any assistance or advice.
Dear colleagues,
I am currently developing a project to promote science and undertake
science education in combination with a research project on an iconic
marine species.
The idea is to document on honors and PhD student projects which are
linked with the proposed project. The product should be different to
other science documentaries as we aim to report on the emotional site of
the researcher as well as combining science information with a baseline
story. In which format this might be developed as a series or one time
movie is still open.
Being well aware of the difficulties this may involve, I am seeking your
experience and interest in this project.
I can cover the research component but need support and collaboration
for the pitching and connections to media.
Possible funding opportunities are the Smart State Research-Industry
Partnership program and the ARC Linkage plus others.
Therefore, I am also looking for potential partners willing to provide
financial support for an ARC Linkage.
Any ideas are welcome.
Regards,
Olaf
Dr. Jan-Olaf Meynecke
Research Fellow
Australian Rivers Institute (ARI) - Coast & Estuaries
Griffith University - Gold Coast campus
QUEENSLAND, 4222

Office: (07) 5552 8638 Mobile: 0423115503
email: j.meynecke at griffith.edu.au

Unless stated otherwise, this email, together with any attachments, is
intended for the named recipient(s) only and may contain privileged and
confidential information. If received in error, you are asked to inform the
sender as quickly as possible and delete this email and any copies of this
from your computer system network.

If not an intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute or
take any action(s) that relies on it; any form of disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this email is also prohibited.

Unless stated otherwise, this email represents only the views of the sender
and not the views of the Queensland Government.