[ASC-list] new science communication books that look interesting

Jenni Metcalfe jenni at econnect.com.au
Sun Oct 12 22:45:46 UTC 2008

Courtesy of PCST list

Dear PCST list members

You may be interested in the recent publication of two new books that
examine contemporary aspects of science communication and public engagement.

The books, which include contributions from a number of PCST list members,
have been co-published by the Open University and Oxford University Press
(OUP).

You can find out more about the contents of the books from the following
UK-hosted OUP websites:

*       http://www.oup.com/uk/catalogue/?ci=9780199552665

*       http://www.oup.com/uk/catalogue/?ci=9780199552672

Our understanding is that the books will be published simultaneously in the
USA and Canada, and we hope in other countries too.

The books retail at £19.99 each in the UK. There is also a 20% reduction in
the overall price for those choosing to purchase both books at the same
time. If you are interested in taking up this offer, then please email me
and I will send you the relevant form.

The books support the teaching of an Open University postgraduate distance
learning course called SH804 Communicating science in the information age.
This course is available to those studying outside the UK.

If you want to know more about the course, then you can link to the relevant
page of the Open University’s website at:
http://www3.open.ac.uk/courses/bin/p12.dll?C01wSH804.

Best wishes

Rick

Dr. Richard Holliman
Senior Lecturer in Science Communication
Science Faculty
The Open University
Walton Hall
Milton Keynes
MK7 6AA
Tel +44 (0)1908 654646

Jenni Metcalfe

Director

Econnect Communication

PO Box 734

South Brisbane Q 4101

Ph. 07 3846 7111; 0408 551 866

jenni at econnect.com.au

www.econnect.com.au

Subscribe to Econnect's free monthly e-newsletter on our website.