[ASC-list] job opportunity - Communication Officer, CSIRO Sustainable Ecosystems

Joanna.Savill at csiro.au Joanna.Savill at csiro.au
Thu Oct 23 05:17:41 UTC 2008

Position Title:    Sustainable Regional Development Communication Officer
Division:            CSIRO Sustainable Ecosystems
Location:           Brisbane, QLD
Salary Range:    $63K - $72K plus Superannuation
Tenure:             Indefinite
Applications Close:        2 Nov 2008

This position is based in either Canberra, ACT or Brisbane, Queensland.

The Communication Officer will assist research teams working in our Sustainable Regional Development research theme to develop and implement communication strategies at theme and project level.  The development, implementation and evaluation of these communication strategies will maximise the impact and relevance of our research by: increasing our understanding of stakeholders' research needs, matching our science to these needs and developing and delivering communication products to meet them.

As our research is multi-disciplinary and much of our work is targeted at communities and governments, this position requires an ability to work with a diversity of stakeholders, including dynamic research teams in complex communication environments. An understanding of government processes is highly desirable.

The Communication Officer will establish effective working relationships with research staff working on Sustainable Regional Development projects, other communicators in the division and colleagues in other parts of the organisation as appropriate. In external communication areas, the Officer will develop an understanding of external clients and stakeholders, and establish networks to facilitate smooth operation of communication processes throughout the Theme.

More information: https://recruitment.csiro.au/asp/index.asp Reference # 2008/1131

Jo Savill
Executive Officer | CSIRO Sustainable Ecosystems
Gungahlin Homestead, Bellenden St, Crace, ACT | GPO Box 284, Canberra, 2601
P 02 6242 1651 | M 0438 229 417 | W www.csiro.au/cse<http://www.csiro.au/cse>