[ASC-list] Documents on changes to ABC RN

Peter Pockley scicomm at bigpond.net.au
Mon Oct 27 23:11:21 UTC 2008

The final par of the ABC's media statement (third document copied
below) was truncated as I received it. But I now see it contains a
web link to the full schedule for RN in 2009 which I said in my
earlier message was only available as a formatted file which could
not be attached. So, this message provides three key documents and
link to another.

Peter Pockley
=====================

Change summary

Programs which end:
The Ark
In Conversation
Media Report
Perspective
Radio Eye
Religion Report
Short Story (remains on air with no new production)
Sports Factor
Street Stories

New programming:
Archival (broadly-based; 1600 Saturday & 0600 Sunday)
Feature program (1400 Saturday & 1300 Wednesday; also online)
FORA Radio (1800 Monday)
Futures Report (0830 Thursday)
Sunday Profile (Ex-Local Radio; 1305 Sunday)

Timeslots with major alteration
0830 weekdays (revised line-up and rpt at 0030)
1900 weekdays (revised line-up)
2000 Mon-Thurs (8.30s etc replaced by Book Show)
0005 Monday-Thursday (Book Show replaced by 8.30s & Aspac)

Continuing programs which alter (in form, duration or timeslot):
Airplay (extended duration and different rpt timeslot)
Artworks Feature (different rpt timeslot)
Australia Talks (3 days)
Book Show (new repeat time)
Movietime (new first broadcast)
Rear Vision (slightly extended with new first broadcast, and new Sunday time)
Rhythm Divine (slightly extended and new rpt timeslot 0500 Sunday)
Saturday Extra (new rpt timeslot, replacing By Design rpt)
Verbatim (new timeslot)
Bush Telegraph (new rpt timeslot at 0100)
Asia Pacific (new first broadcast at 0030)