[ASC-list] job opportunity: Communication Officer - CSIRO Sustainable Ecosystems (ACT)

Joanna.Savill at csiro.au Joanna.Savill at csiro.au
Wed Oct 29 23:08:23 UTC 2008

Position Title:    Communication Officer - CSIRO Sustainable Ecosystems
Division:            CSIRO Sustainable Ecosystems
Location:           Gungahlin, ACT
Salary Range:    $63K - $72K plus superannuation
Tenure:             Indefinite
Applications Close:        9 Nov 2008

As part of the CSE communication team, the Communication Officer will assist Management (Communication Manager, Office of the Chief, and Officers-in-Charge at our laboratories) in engaging with our external and internal stakeholders on issues related to the research capability.  This will occur through direct relationships with stakeholders and via various media.  Examples of activities would include: media coverage of significant visitors or individual staff members / teams (including strategy, implementation, issues management and media training for staff members as required), stakeholder relationships and media coverage of significant infrastructure related issues (e.g. establishment of new facilities, co-location of researchers with collaborators in new buildings etc) and coordinating representation of the research capability and conferences, open days and other events.

The Communication Officer will develop and maintain strong working relationships with key media contacts and other stakeholders in relation to our sites (with a particular emphasis on our sites in southern Australia) as well as with key research leaders (e.g. Officers in Charge).  He / she will also need to maintain strong and effective relationships across all relevant parts of CSIRO's communication network.

For more information, see https://recruitment.csiro.au/asp/index.asp
Reference number: 2008/1169