[ASC-list] ASC SE Qld: Cafe Scientific on this Sunday afternoon at the Brisbane Writers Festival

Michelle Riedlinger michelle at econnect.com.au
Tue Sep 16 22:45:55 UTC 2008

Cafe Scientific: Can our thoughts change the structure and function of our
brains?

(OS2) Mantra South Bank - Official Brisbane Writers Festival Hotel

Sunday 21st September, 3:00pm-4.30pm

Norman Doidge, Paul Willis, Rod Rietze

Norman Doidge, is a psychiatrist, psychoanalyst, researcher, author,
essayist and poet. When he set out to investigate neuroplasticity he met the
brilliant scientists championing it and the people whose lives they’ve
transformed, resulting in his book, The Brain That Changes Itself.

Dr Paul Willis is a reporter for ABC's Catalyst.

Dr Rod Rietze is from the Queensland Brain Institute and head of the Neural
Stem Cells and Aging Laboratory.

Cafe Scientific takes scientists out of the lab and into cafes and pubs for
lively, engaging discussions. The audience can enjoy a drink while experts
debate the latest ideas - led by ABC TV science journalists.

These events are recorded for broadcast on Radio National.

Free

Presented by ABC Science and sponsored by the Department of Tourism,
Regional Development and Industry

The Australian Science Communicators Association are holding a pub raffle
with great prizes!

Dr Michelle Riedlinger
Econnect Communication
0400 577 843
michelle at econnect.com.au
www.econnect.com.au

Good things, when short, are twice as good - Baltasar Gracián (1601-58)

1 ream of paper = 6% of a tree and 5.4kg CO2 in the atmosphere
3 sheets of A4 paper = 1 litre of water
Please consider the  environment before printing this email