[ASC-list] SE Qld: Events tomorrow (Fri) at the Brisbane Writers Festival

Michelle Riedlinger michelle at econnect.com.au
Thu Sep 18 04:46:18 UTC 2008

Events at the Brisbane Writers Festival tomorrow - Friday 19th September

**The Brain that Changes Itself - 3:20-4:20pm
State Library Queensland Auditorium 2

Norman Doidge
Ch: Kate Pavnter

Doidge provides a history of growing field of brain research, highlighting
scientists at the edge of groundbreaking discoveries and telling fascinating
stories of people who have benefited.

Free

**The Digital Tsunami: How the Digital Revolution will Impact the Book
Industry - 4:40pm - 5:40pm
State Library Queensland Auditorium 2

David Higgins, Antony Loewenstein, Fiona Stager
Chair: Franscois McHardy

It’s unavoidable and unpredictable. While other industries tackle the
digital dilemma head-on, the book industry remains adamant that the book, in
all its paper glory, will never die. In this session the Panelists ask the
questions on everyone’s lips. Will the book industry survive, can we preempt
the digital momentum and what lessons can we learn from other industries
already surfing the wave. Two audience members will take home their very own
Sony eReader, in preparation for the digital tsunami.

Free
Presented by Simon & Schuster

Dr Michelle Riedlinger
Econnect Communication
0400 577 843
michelle at econnect.com.au
www.econnect.com.au

Good things, when short, are twice as good - Baltasar Gracián (1601-58)

1 ream of paper = 6% of a tree and 5.4kg CO2 in the atmosphere
3 sheets of A4 paper = 1 litre of water
Please consider the  environment before printing this email