[ASC-list] Volunteers for Kids' International Environment Conference

Cathy Reade creade at squirrel.com.au
Wed Aug 12 05:24:12 UTC 2009

The MDBA International River Health Conference is a biannual event that will
see over  750 students converge in Canberra and over 1500 local students
attend the Conference Launch (Mon 19 Oct). We are currently seeking
volunteers to assist with the event from the 18 - 20 October.

As a volunteer you have the exciting opportunity to be a part of this
amazing event. You will be provided with plenty of support, advice and
skills training. We are looking for enthusiastic people, who are confident
enough to lead large groups of people, who have the ability to
oversee/support other volunteers, and have good time management and event
skills. If you have experience in event management - great, but we're also
looking for people who have what it takes to BE an event manager! An
interest in the environment or education is also a bonus.

Roles are available in the following areas:

-       Event management and production

-       Workshop Chairs working with school students from across Australia

-       Event site crew

-       Registration Staff

-       Environmental Projects Day crew at the Australian National Botanic
Gardens

All volunteers will be provided with pre event training and support on the
job.

This is a great opportunity to get involved in an award winning event, see
amazing Kids Teaching Kids presentations, watch interactive and fun
presentations and performances on the environment - and most of all have
fun!  For more information about the event, please see
www.onelifeoneworldonefuture.com

To register as a volunteer please fill out registration form online or
contact Michelle Pipino at Firestarter; Phone 03 9329 3736 or email
michelle at fire-starter.com.au

Posted by Cathy Reade
Media Manager
2009 MDBA International River Health Conference
Ph/Fax: 07 54483095
Mobile: 0413 575 934