[ASC-list] Nature - sell it to save it? BYO science in the Pub in Brisbane tonight Plough Inn

Jenni Metcalfe jenni at econnect.com.au
Wed Aug 19 23:55:07 UTC 2009

THURSDAY 20 August - Nature - sell it to save it?

BYO brain, sense of humour and healthy appetite for controversy to the
Plough Inn for the INTECOL BYO Science night.  Will the Carbon Emissions
Trading Scheme work? Should we sell biodiversity? And if so, how much should
it cost? And would we float it on the stock market?  These and many other
curly questions on the commercial value of nature and our future within it
will be bandied around and debated with some big names in ecology.

In collaboration with Australian Science Communicators, and supported by the
Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation.

Speakers include:

.        Prof. Hugh Possingham from the University of Queensland,

.        Dr Stefan Hajkowicz from CSIRO's  Sustainable Ecosystems, and

.        Dr Nicola Markus from Bush Heritage Australia.

Chaired by the fabulous Bernie Hobbs from ABC.

The Plough Inn at Stanley Street Plaza at South Bank

7:00pm till 9:00pm

The Plough Inn has great meals, and event will be a cabaret style panel with
complimentary nibbles.

Drinks at bar prices.

Jenni Metcalfe

Director Econnect Communication