[ASC-list] CSIRO Perfidy?

David Mussared mussared at emailmedia.com.au
Thu Aug 27 06:11:40 UTC 2009

Thanks Niall

Unfortunately, neither of the links you provided worked for me (out
of date) and I am not a subscriber to Crikey.

Arguments about nutrition aside, in his book Russell makes some
pretty specific claims about CSIRO corporate / communication
behaviour.

For example, he alleges that the CSIRO withheld research results
which found that the high protein diet promoted in the diet book
worked no better than a healthier high carbohydrate diet trialled at
the same time. Given the research sponsorship arrangements, this
claim seems to me to be a pretty serious one.

The old journo in me can smell a story here (one that I am not in a
position to pursue). Which is why I sent my first email.

Cheers

David Mussared