[ASC-list] Register to attend the first Hot Air symposium in Perth - March 24

Jenni Metcalfe jenni at econnect.com.au
Mon Feb 9 08:59:45 UTC 2009

Dear Colleagues,

ASC is hosting three symposia - Hot Air: Communicating the Science of
Climate Change

The first symposium is in Perth on Tuesday March 24 and will be focusing on
Communicating the Science of Climate Change in a sceptical world.

Dr Carmen Lawrence (ex WA Premier and Federal MP), will be talking about
stimulating behaviour changes through communication.

Panels of science communicators and scientists will be discussing the
challenges and opportunities for communication. Panel speakers include
climate scientist, Dr Graeme Pearman, science communicator, Simon Torok,
science journalist, Carmelo Amalfi, and meteorologist/communicator, Clare
Mullens.

Australian Media Science Centre CEO, Susannah Elliot will lead a discussion
about identifying credible experts for shaping media messages.

UNSW's Will Rifkin will be training local science communication students to
facilitate and record the symposium's small group discussions, which aim to
identify best practice strategies, tips and examples for communicating the
science of climate change in a sceptical world.

ASC will publish the results of the small group and plenary discussions
online and in print form after all three symposia. This process is being
sponsored by the NSW Department of Environment & Climate Change.

We welcome your participation in this symposium, which is also part of the
Greenhouse 2009 conference. We can only take a maximum of 120 participants
in this symposium, so please register soon.

Click below to find out a summary of the event. At this site, you can also
look at the full program for the event and register online:

http://guest.cvent.com/EVENTS/Info/Summary.aspx?i=d13c8b11-f023-4d2d-9e97-08
6ff195c530

ASC members can register to attend this symposium for $150 if they register
by the end of February.

Non-ASC members can register at a cost of $250 by the end of February.

I look forward to seeing you there. Please contact me if you have any
questions.

You can read more about all three symposia on the ASC website:
www.asc.asn.au <http://www.asc.asn.au/>

Jenni Metcalfe

Director

Econnect Communication

PO Box 734

South Brisbane Q 4101

Ph. 07 3846 7111; 0408 551 866

jenni at econnect.com.au

www.econnect.com.au

Subscribe to Econnect's free monthly e-newsletter on our website.