[ASC-list] Yours Truly, Spoken Word, March 15

John August johna at babel.apana.org.au
Tue Feb 10 21:58:15 UTC 2009

People,

I'm giving a spoken word performance at the Unitarian Church service on
Sunday March 15 at 10.30 am - 15 Frances Street, near Hyde Park.

I'm including Nixon's speech in case the astronauts were marooned on the
Moon and a view from the dawn of the industrial revolution, including
reference to the emerging sciences of astronomy and statistics - some
influences from science, but I'll also be including a reading from the
Egyptian Book of the Dead, and John Birmingham's comments on Sydney's
"Cathedrals of Global Capital"; the Softwell plan for personal
development; Urban Exploration / Draining and a poem by Rudyard Kipling.
See www.sydneyunitarianchurch.org - click on "Services".

Free, but contribution appreciated.

Under the umbrella of the Sydney Shove, I'm also hosting a talk on the
contemporary significance of Marxism (Marcus Strom - 24th February -
7pm), and Antony Loewenstein on Israel (31st March - 6.45pm).  That's at
Humanist House, 10 Shepherd Street Chippendale.  $3 admission.  See
www.sydneyshove.org

Gatic,

--
Neither justice nor crime are solitary pursuits.

John August, convener The Sydney Shove - www.sydneyshove.org