[ASC-list] Hot Air Communicating the science of climate change - 3 symposia on 3 different topics in 3 different locations

Jenni Metcalfe jenni at econnect.com.au
Mon Feb 16 11:10:25 UTC 2009

Dear Colleagues,

Here's a brief summary of the three symposia that ASC hosting this year. All
three symposia will use plenary panels and focused small group sessions to
deliver strategies, tactics and examples of how to communicate the science
of climate change (prediction of impacts, mitigation and adaptation
strategies etc).  These will be published online and in hard copy. The three
symposium focus on different audiences:

1. Perth - 24 March 2009 - Focuses on communicating with a sceptical
audience and is part of the Greenhouse 2009 conference; you can register to
attend the symposium and find out program details by clicking on:

http://guest.cvent.com/EVENTS/Info/Summary.aspx?i=d13c8b11-f023-4d2d-9e97-08
6ff195c530

(Please note you need to register by the end of February to get a discounted
rate)

2. Brisbane - 19 August - Focuses on communicating with business, industry
and government leaders and is part of the International Ecology Congress -
details of this symposium, including initial program and registration will
be posted on ASC website soon

3. Canberra - Date TBC - Focuses on communicating with the general public
and will be part of an ASC Conference - more details soon.

Please contact me if you require further information.

Regards

Jenni Metcalfe

Director

Econnect Communication

PO Box 734

South Brisbane Q 4101

Ph. 07 3846 7111; 0408 551 866

jenni at econnect.com.au

www.econnect.com.au

Subscribe to Econnect's free monthly e-newsletter on our website.