[ASC-list] 2009 Australian Museum Eureka Prizes Are Open

Ruth Carr Ruth.Carr at austmus.gov.au
Tue Feb 24 01:36:43 UTC 2009

Dear Colleagues

The 2009 Australian Museum Eureka Prizes are now open.

This year's line-up includes prizes for science communicators,
journalists, scientists, teachers and students.

Prizes of particular interest to ASC members might include:

*         Australian Government Eureka Prize for Promoting Understanding
of Science

*         Australian Government Eureka Prize for Science Journalism

*         Australian Government Eureka Prize for Environmental
Journalism

*         UTS Eureka Prize for Science Teaching

*         Macquarie University Eureka Schools Prize for Action Against
Climate Change

*         University of Sydney Sleek Geek Science Eureka Prize - open to
Primary, Secondary and University Students.

Dr Rob Morrison,  ASC National Vice President won his Australian Museum
Eureka Prize in 2007.  Here's what he has to say about the experience:

"My academic degrees qualified me for my university career, but I moved
from that into broadcasting, in which I had no professional
qualification. Winning my Eureka Prizes was hugely beneficial, as they
validated my career move, encouraged me to develop it and gave me
confidence to remain with it."

I encourage you to enter a prize or nominate someone great.  Your help
in distributing this information amongst your networks would also be
greatly appreciated.

For prize details, entry forms, teacher resources and much more, go to
www.australianmuseum.net.au/eureka
<http://www.australianmuseum.net.au/eureka>

Entries close 1 May 2009.

Good luck.

Ruth Carr

Coordinator, Australian Museum Eureka Prizes

Australian Museum

6 College Street Sydney NSW 2010 Australia

t 61 2 9320 6230   f 61 2 9320 6074

www.australianmuseum.net.au <http://www.australianmuseum.net.au>

www.australianmuseum.net.au/eureka <http://www.australianmuseum.net.au>

Inspiring the exploration of nature and cultures

by MailMarshal

The Australian Museum.

The views in this email are those of the user and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Australian Museum. The information contained in this email message and any accompanying files is or may be confidential and is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, reliance, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any attached files is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. The Australian Museum does not guarantee the accuracy of any information contained in this e-mail or attached files. As Internet communications are not secure, the Australian Museum does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message or attached files.