[ASC-list] FW: New report on learning science in informal environments

Jenni Metcalfe jenni at econnect.com.au
Wed Jan 14 22:49:13 UTC 2009

Friends and colleagues,

As many of you know, for the last few years I've been helping lead a
massive literature review on "learning science in informal environments"
-- what do we actually know about what people learn?

The U.S. National Academies of Science have today released the report:
http://www.nationalacademies.org/morenews/20090114.html.

The press release link summarizes the report.  Click on the "full
report" link and scroll down to read the report for free online, or pay
to download .pdf versions.

I'll be glad for any comments and feedback.

Thanks.

--
Bruce V. Lewenstein
Professor of Science Communication