[ASC-list] FW: IYA2009 AstronomyWA Space Camp

Paul Nicholls Paul at scitech.org.au
Fri Jan 16 05:13:26 UTC 2009

Dear colleagues

Scitech in Perth Western Australia will be hosting an Astronomy Challenge for school teams comprising 3 Year 8-10 (13-15 years) students and an accompanying teacher between 5-7 May 2009.

Western Australia is in the running to host the proposed international Square Kilometre Array (www.ska.gov.au<http://www.ska.gov.au/>) project and plays host to the International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research (ICRAR), the Australian International Gravity Research Organisation (AIGRO) involved in gravity wave detection, the Gingin Observatory, Horizon Planetarium, Gravity Discovery Centre and the Perth Observatory so participants in the programs will be treated to some amazing experiences and share their enthusiasm with other like minded students and teachers. Perth isn't a bad place to visit either!

This program is open to teams both nationally and internationally and we would welcome your involvement.

Non-Western Australian teams are only charged a small entry fee for this exciting residential program. Non Western Australian teams also need to cover their own transport costs to and from Perth.

We would greatly appreciated if you could promote this to any schools or groups you believe may be interested in being involved in this wonderful opportunity during International Year of Astronomy 2009.

Full details can be found at www.astronomywa.net.auy<http://www.astronomywa.net.auy/> clicking on the SPACE CAMP 09 link.

If you would like any further information, please do not hesitate to call or send us an email.

Paul

Paul Nicholls
Director Science Partnerships
Scitech