[ASC-list] FW: What do science journalists and Obama have in common? WORLD CONFERENCE OF SCIENCE JOURNALISTS LONDON

Jenni Metcalfe jenni at econnect.com.au
Sat Jan 24 00:17:13 UTC 2009

A NOTE FROM THE ORGANISERS OF THE NEXT WORLD CONFERENCE OF SCIENCE
JOURNALISTS, LONDON 2009

Happy 2009! I hope you've had a good start to the New Year.

For us it's full steam ahead to the 6th World Conference of Science
Journalists at the end of June, and we're very excited to have our full
programme details almost ready for launch - preliminary details are here
http://www.wcsj2009.org/themes_and_sessions.php.

The question of "What do science journalists and Obama have in common?" was
posed by Pallab Ghosh - of course the other Mr President - at the
Association of British Science Writer's New Year party this week. His answer

is here http://www.wfsj.org/news/news.php?id=135

We would also like to invite ASC members to sign up for our conference news
and to attend!  Early bird registration lasts till 31st March. We're looking

forwards to seeing Alison Leigh, Lyndal Gully, Wilson da Silva and Robyn
Williams at the conference, and hope that you and other ASC members will
also be able to join us.

Following on your success in Melbourne, Fiona Fox and her team at the UK
Science Media Centre are convinced that this conference is worth it! So
they're busy putting together a challenging and though-provoking programme -

we can keep you and other ASC members up to date via our mailing list
http://www.wcsj2009.org/delegates.php  ASC members get a discount - as for
all WFSJ members. Most importantly, registration covers all you can eat and
drink for 3 days, plus workshops
http://www.wcsj2009.org/pre-conference_workshops.php and post-conference
trips http://www.wcsj2009.org/post-conference_trips.php.

Do get in touch with me, my Co-Director Sallie Robins (sr at srpr.net), or
Barbie Drillsma, Administrator for ABSW (absw at absw.org.uk), if you would
like to know more.

We would love to welcome you to London!

Kind regards,

Julie

Julie Clayton
Co-Director, World Conference of Science Journalists
http://www.wcsj2009.org
Tel +44 117 946 6284
Mob. +44 7802 406729
Julie.clayton at wcsj2009.org