[ASC-list] Help from science journalists please

Dr Judy Ford judyf at egs.com.au
Thu Jul 9 02:35:41 UTC 2009

Dear science journalists,

I am an ASC member working at the University of South Australia training postgrad students in the Science, Health and Engineering faculties in a range of generic skills. I am particularly keen to optimise their communication skills of all types and have obtained a small research grant to support the background work to developing some new courses in communicating with the public in a range of settings.

I would greatly appreciate science journalists taking a few minutes to answer a 10-question questionnaire that is currently located on my personal website http://www.egs.com.au/questionnaire_media.shtml. I would be most grateful if you could take a few minutes to download the questions, complete them and return to me.

Since many of the students are visiting from overseas and will soon return to their home countries, feedback from international journalists would be greatly valued. Please pass this on to your colleagues.

Thank you,

Regards,

Judy

Dr Judy Ford