[ASC-list] Call for conference ideas

Timothy Thwaites timth at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jul 16 02:33:37 UTC 2009

Dear ASCers,

ASC National Conference, ANU, 22 - 25 November

The program committee wants to know what you would like to hear, discuss or
learn about at the ASC National Conference in November. And to get it all
organised for you, we'd like to know by Friday 24 July.

The overall theme of the conference will be Engaging the Public with
Science-and at present we are planning strands on social media,
communicating climate change and other complex issues; risk; the arts in
science communication, patenting and open source; as well as the latest in
science communication research.

But it's your conference-so we would like to hear what you want in terms of
sessions and professional development, the topics in which you are
interested or about which you would like to learn. If you can suggest
speakers or instructors, even better.

We can't guarantee everyone will be accommodated, but we will be trying hard
to include something for all. And to do that we need to know you have in
mind.

Send your ideas to timth at optusnet.com.au