[ASC-list] National Science Communication Strategy

Timothy Thwaites timth at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jul 23 01:55:09 UTC 2009

Dear ASCers,

The Government has asked Questacon to draft a National Science Communication
Strategy. The review and strategy document is planned to be completed by the
end of September, so time is short. The steering committee charged with
developing the strategy has released a background document/introduction to
the process which I can send to anyone who is interested, and will post on
the new, improved ASC Website when it is unveiled in the next few days.

As you will see in the document anyone can make a written submission by 24
August 2009. These should be addressed to:

The Secretariat
National Science Communication Strategy
Questacon - The National Science and Technology Centre
Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research
PO Box 5322  Kingston ACT 2604

Or emailed no later than 24 August 2009 to
sciencecommunciations at innovation.gov.au

The ASC National Executive will make such a submission. I have been sounded
out on a one-on-one meeting with the review people. And we are thinking of
developing an electronic forum to discuss the issues. Clearly we can also
use this list for that purpose.

There are a series of (by invitation only) consultative meetings happening
in Hobart (today), Melbourne (tomorrow), Adelaide (28 July), Brisbane (5
August) and Sydney (28 August).

Clearly, this is something that affects us all.

Tim