[ASC-list] help with getting survey respondents

Claire Harris claireharris.oz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 01:05:32 UTC 2009

Hi all, as communicators with no doubt many networks, I'm asking for your
help to distribute some info about a national survey.

I'd also be interested to learn from you, any resources for this kind of
national, online distribution to get respondents from a wide range of
backgrounds (without spending $$). Do you go media, target online discussion
forums or do you distribute via email to your networks... We've been doing
all these, but I'd like to hear some stories of what's worked for you (for
my future reference) :)

More about the lifestyles, consumption and environmental impact project can
be found here:
http://www.csiro.au/science/lifestyles-consumption-project.html

Thanks, really appreciate this.

Claire Harris
Communication Officer, CSIRO
claire.harris at csiro.au

Help CSIRO research Australian lifestyle choices

CSIRO, Australia’s national science agency, is looking for people to
participate in a national online survey of Australian lifestyles and
consumer habits.

Participants will be helping CSIRO researchers gain a better understanding
of lifestyle and consumption choices and establish how to move towards a
sustainable future without sacrificing individual choices.

The survey explores consumer preferences in a range of areas including:
food, transport, housing, energy, recreational time use and water use.

CSIRO is seeking respondents from as many different backgrounds and
perspectives as possible.

To take part visit: www.csiro.au/lifestylesurvey before 30 June 2009.

For more information, please contact Sonia Graham at sonia.graham at csiro.au