[ASC-list] Invitation to the Market Science Stall @ Kelvin Grove (SE QLD)

Melanie McKenzie melanie at econnect.com.au
Mon Jun 1 11:29:17 UTC 2009

Posted on behalf of UQ's 'Presenting Science' class. For more
information, contact Sarah Cole sarah.m.cole at gmail.com or 0402 833 193.

Attention SE Queensland Science Communicators, you are invited!

UQ Science Communication Presents... The Market Science Stall

Come to the Urban Village Markets at Kelvin Grove in Brisbane on
Saturday 13 June 2009 (6.30 am until 1 pm) and visit the Science
Stall, our answer to the Dutch 'science shops'.

Saturday’s theme will be food – sustainability issues, organic foods,
vertical farming techniques and genetically modified foods.

We will be on hand to answer common questions and address myths about
the food we eat as well as the future of food production.

So come to the markets, and don’t forget to bring your questions. See
you there!