[ASC-list] Call for expressions of interest - communications role
Mary.Mulcahy at csiro.au
Mary.Mulcahy at csiro.au
Wed Jun 3 23:40:06 UTC 2009
CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The Urban Water Security Research Alliance (UWSRA) has an opportunity for a highly motivated and enthusiastic contractor (or company) to provide communications support. An ability to commence as soon as possible is preferable.
About the UWSRA:
The UWSRA has been formed to address South-East Queensland's (SEQ) emerging urban water issues. It is a $50 million partnership over five years between:
The University of Queensland
As the largest urban water research program in Australia, the UWSRA has a focus on water security and recycling, but will seek to align research where appropriate with other water research programs such as those of other local SEQ water agencies, eWater Cooperative Research Centre, Water Quality Research Australia and the Water Services Association of Australia. The program will bring new research capacity to SEQ tailored to tackling existing and anticipated future risks, assumptions and uncertainties facing water supply strategy.
Water is fundamental to our quality of life, to economic growth and to the environment. With its booming economy and growing population, Australia's SEQ region faces increasing pressure on their present water resources. These pressures are compounded by the impact of climate variability and accelerating climate change.
Answering the big questions
Research for the Alliance is delivered under three research themes:
* Closing the Loop in our Water Supply System.
* Informing Decision Making.
* Managing our New Water Supply System.
These will examine fundamental issues necessary to deliver the region's water needs, including:
* ensuring the reliability and safety of recycled water systems.
* advising on infrastructure and technology for the recycling of wastewater and stormwater.
* building scientific knowledge behind the management of health and safety risks in the water supply system.
* increasing community confidence in future water supply.
Scope of works
The consultancy will consist of:
* Maintain regular and timely communication with internal and external stakeholders via an e-newsletter (quarterly).
* Source, write and maintain the content of the website http://www.urbanwateralliance.org.au/.
* Produce communication material to promote the Alliance including factsheets (~14 projects), annual report, posters, etc.
* Assist with the development of marketing and promotional material.
* Assist/support UWSRA Director and partners with media releases when required (please note this position is not a media relations position and does not drive media opportunities).
* Organise/coordinate events as required.
* Assist partners in the production of news, photo and video releases (including pod and vodcasts) and integrating written and visual material for web and events as needed.
The ideal contractor (or company) should have:
* Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, including high-quality writing skills and the ability to communicate, consult and negotiate effectively and sensitively with a wide range of people from different organisations.
* Proven ability to liaise and negotiate with multiple partners, supporters and content providers to achieve agreed outcomes.
* Demonstrable high level organisational skills and a methodical approach with an ability to multi-task and manage conflicting deadlines.
* Ability to maintain and upgrade web-pages including use of dreamweaver (or other editing programs). Knowledge of html and CSS would be an advantage.
* Experience with working with groups, agencies and organisations in collaborative events and projects.
* Experience in setting up and using electronic publishing systems.
* Experience at preparing and appropriately distributing promotional information.
* Possess an ABN and the ability to provide regular invoices.
* An interest and passion for water and water resources would be an advantage.
* Possess a client focussed attitude and outlook.
* Professional indemnity insurance and public liability insurance.
The position is managed by the CSIRO and funded from the UWSRA budget.
The successful applicant will report to the Director of the UWSRA. They may also periodically report to a Communications Committee (made up of representatives from each of the partner institutions) and to the communications managers of each partner organisation.
Location: Brisbane preferred
Starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply
Please email an expression of interest including a curriculum vitae and your suitability matched to the selection criteria, and provide a quote for services, to:
Sharon Wakem, Executive Officer
Urban Water Security Research Alliance
PO Box 15087, City East Qld 4002
Ph: 07-3247 3005; Fax: 07-3405 0373
Email: Sharon.Wakem at qwc.qld.gov.au<mailto:Sharon.Wakem at qwc.qld.gov.au>
Expressions of interest close 5pm, Friday, 12 June 2009
Meetings may be arranged with shortlisted contractors.
Water for a Healthy Country Flagship & CSIRO Land and Water
P +61 2 6246 4565
F +61 2 6246 5837
M +61 0419 236 519
Box 1666, Canberra
ACT 2601, Australia
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ASC-list