[ASC-list] POSITION VACANT: Editor, CSIRO, Canberra

Mary.Mulcahy at csiro.au Mary.Mulcahy at csiro.au
Fri Jun 12 06:49:09 UTC 2009

CSIRO Tasmania Sustainable Yields Project
Editor

The CSIRO Tasmania Sustainable Yields Project is reporting on the current and future water availability in Tasmania. This project is delivering a number of technical and region reports to our client over the next six months. We are looking for a highly efficient editor to join our reporting team to assist with the production of these reports.

Salary: Level 4 ($67 349 - $ 76 195 p.a.)
Term of contract: Full-time, Immediate start - 31 December 2009
Location: Black Mountain, Canberra

Duties
Member of the reporting team:
-         Edit and revise technical and region reports following language and style conventions.
-         Assist with the implementation and adherence to internal processes to gather content for reports.
-         Work under direction of primary editor.
-         Seek clarification from team leaders when necessary.
-         Prepare documents for review and for print.
-         Assist project coordinator as directed.

Selection Criteria
-         Demonstrated experience editing technical and public audience documents, while following editing conventions
-         Competent in using Microsoft Word
-         Ability to adhere to established process and workflow
-         Ability to work as a member of a team and independently, showing initiative
-         Demonstrated time management skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks and deliver to tight timelines

For further information please contact
Linda Merrin
(02) 6246 5715
linda.merrin at csiro.au

To apply please forward a covering letter addressing the selection criteria and a resume to linda.merrin at csiro.au.

[cid:825562806 at 12062009-0767]

Therese McGillion
Project Coordinator - Sustainable Yields
Water for a Healthy Country Flagship | Division of Land and Water
Clunies Ross St, Black Mountain, GPO Box 1666, Canberra, ACT 2601
P +61-2-6246-5595  | W www.csiro.au<http://www.csiro.au/>