[ASC-list] SE Queensland Healthy Waterways Awards

Jenni Metcalfe jenni at econnect.com.au
Thu Mar 5 23:34:18 UTC 2009

Entries are now open

Now in its ninth year, the Healthy Waterways Awards aim to recognise and
reward the outstanding achievements of groups and individuals who devote
their time to the waterways of South East Queensland.

The Awards are open to anyone whose work contributes to achieving the
Partnership's Vision including individuals, schools, community groups,
students, government, industry, researchers, planners and designers.

We would greatly appreciate your assistance with promoting the Awards
through your networks. Please forward this email to your colleagues and
friends.

Download the 2009 Healthy Waterways Awards brochure
<http://www.enewshost.com/incoming/tl.asp?tl=892xcx9397xcx7780536xcxYW5uYS53
YWxrZXJAaGVhbHRoeXdhdGVyd2F5cy5vcmcA&url=www.healthywaterways.org/FileLibrar
y/24531_seq_healthy_waterways_awards_09_brochure_vf.pdf>

Award Categories

Each category winner will receive a cash prize of $1,500 and will be
eligible for the Minister's Grand Prize of $10,000.

*	Brisbane Airport - Community Award
*	Arup - Industry Award
*	Cement Concrete and Aggregates Australia - Research Award
*	Veolia Water Australia - School Award
*	BMT WBM Pty Ltd - Government Award
*	Southern Pacific Sands - Water Sensitive Urban Design Award
*	Seqwater - Rural Award
*	CSIRO - Waterways Champion Award
*	Minister's Grand Prize - supported by the Environmental Protection
Agency

Thanks also to media sponsors Channel 7 and Radio 4BC, and to our wine
sponsor Oatley Wines.

New for 2009 - tickets available for sale!

The Healthy Waterways Awards culminates in an evening to celebrate and
honour the champions of waterway health across the region.

We are hosting the 2009 Awards ceremony at a larger venue to accommodate
more guests and we anticipate that around 400 of the Partnership's key
stakeholders will be in attendance including State and local government,
industry, community and research representatives.

The night will commence with drinks on the balcony at Gianni's Portside
overlooking the Brisbane River, followed by the official Awards ceremony and
a two course dinner. After the ceremony, enjoy the live band and dancing.

Tickets
<http://www.enewshost.com/incoming/tl.asp?tl=892xcx9397xcx7780536xcxYW5uYS53
YWxrZXJAaGVhbHRoeXdhdGVyd2F5cy5vcmcA&url=https://secure.ntechmedia.com/sites
/hwa09/>  are available for $99 including GST (cost price only). With only a
limited number of tickets available - you'll have to be quick!

When:  Wednesday 20 May
Where: Gianni's at Portside
             Level 2, Portside Warf Complex
             Remora Road, Hamilton
Time:    6.30pm for 6.45pm
Dress:   Corporate Cocktail

As in previous years, Healthy Waterways will provide complimentary tickets
to finalists, judges and other key partners.

Download

2009
<http://www.enewshost.com/incoming/tl.asp?tl=892xcx9397xcx7780536xcxYW5uYS53
YWxrZXJAaGVhbHRoeXdhdGVyd2F5cy5vcmcA&url=www.healthywaterways.org/FileLibrar
y/24531_seq_healthy_waterways_awards_09_brochure_vf.pdf>  Healthy Waterways
Awards brochure

Entry
<http://www.enewshost.com/incoming/tl.asp?tl=892xcx9397xcx7780536xcxYW5uYS53
YWxrZXJAaGVhbHRoeXdhdGVyd2F5cy5vcmcA&url=www.healthywaterways.org/FileLibrar
y/09_category_entry_form.doc>  Form for all categories (except CSIRO
Waterways Champion)

CSIRO
<http://www.enewshost.com/incoming/tl.asp?tl=892xcx9397xcx7780536xcxYW5uYS53
YWxrZXJAaGVhbHRoeXdhdGVyd2F5cy5vcmcA&url=www.healthywaterways.org/FileLibrar
y/09_waterways_champion_award.doc>  Waterways Champion Entry Form

Enquiries

Carla Mathisen
HWWAwards at healthywaterways.org
0416 342 101

Jenni Metcalfe

Director

Econnect Communication

PO Box 734

South Brisbane Q 4101

Ph. 07 3846 7111; 0408 551 866

jenni at econnect.com.au

www.econnect.com.au

Subscribe to Econnect's free monthly e-newsletter on our website.