[ASC-list] Seeking Freelance Scriptwriters for Educational Videos

Sarah Brooker sarah at scienceinpublic.com.au
Sun May 24 10:38:26 UTC 2009

Posted on behalf of Video Education Australasia

VIDEO EDUCATION AUSTRALASIA

Seeking Freelance Scriptwriters for Educational Videos

We are looking to expand our freelance scriptwriters' database.  We are
particularly interested in writers with a background in science
(physics, chemistry and biology) and/or with experience in science
writing and communication.  Experience in screenwriting or filmmaking is
not essential, but would be highly regarded.

VEA is Australia's largest producer of educational DVDs, and one of the
most prolific dedicated educational production houses in the world.
Through VEA and associated labels, Classroom Video and Training Point,
approximately 150 programs are produced every year by the company,
covering all areas of primary and secondary curricula, as well as a
number of TAFE and tertiary areas.  Since November 2007, we have also
been producing programs for the corporate training sector.  Our programs
are sold throughout Australia, and into the USA, UK and New Zealand.

Role and Responsibilities

-          To write scripts for educational video programs (each 25 mins
or 2500 words), based on a written program brief created by an
educational consultant

-          To carry out research, based on curriculum links and
suggested resources outlined in the program brief

-          To work with producers in realizing the brief: to break down
information into easily understandable forms, employing creative and
engaging approaches

-          To work across various genres if required: to write narrated,
presenter-led, dramatized or interview-based scripts as the program
dictates

-          To prepare interview questions and transcribe interviews for
interview-based programs

How to Apply

Please send a cover letter, resume and an example of your written work
to Simon Garner, Executive Producer (simong at vea.com.au).

Following your application, you may then be invited to write a short
introduction to a VEA program (no more than 300 words) based on VEA's
writing guidelines and a sample brief provided to you.

VEA

www.vea.com.au <http://www.vea.com.au/>

Classroom Video

www.classroomvideo.com.au <http://www.classroomvideo.com.au/>