[ASC-list] Canberra - MARS: IS IT WORTH THE TRIP?

Tilly Boleyn tillyboleyn at gmail.com
Mon May 25 04:14:26 UTC 2009

*MARS: IS IT WORTH THE TRIP?  - Canberra Science in the Pub event
This Sunday 31st May, 2pm
King O’Malley’s Irish Pub, Civic, Canberra.
$5 entry*

We’ve landed on the moon. Now the next destination in our voyage into space
is likely to be Mars. We’ve managed to get a robot there. So now the dream
is for humans to travel to Mars and establish a base there. But at what
financial and personal cost? Just what are we up against in our next attempt
to colonise the Solar System? Come along and hear a debate that will be out
of this world!

Join Bernie Hobbs (ABC New Inventors) and Paul Willis (ABC Catalyst) as they
talk to Mars experts -

   - Dr Jonathan Clarke, vice-president, Mars Society Australia
   - Dr Pascal Lee, planetary scientist, SETI Institute, California
   - Professor Malcolm Walter Director, Australian Centre for Astrobiology,
   University of New South Wales,

Presented by ASF Limited and ABC Science
Supported by the International Year of Astronomy