[ASC-list] Freelance writer needed for research compendium

Corinna Lange c.lange1 at uq.edu.au
Fri Nov 6 05:02:21 UTC 2009

We need a freelance writer to help produce content for our research
compendium.

The compendium audience consists mostly of people with scientific
training, but across a range of disciplines (e.g. vets, public health
professionals, microbiologists, virologists, computer modellers).
Consequently, we are adopting a quasi-scientific style (can assume some
scientific terminology is acceptable, and can include figures, tables,
etc.).

Each chapter synthesises the major outcomes of the past 7 years of
funding of the Australian Biosecurity CRC in that thematic area. Most
chapters are being written in-house, but as this is a major project we
are looking for someone to write the following chapters:

- Livestock Disease Diagnostics (estimate 7000 words)

- International Outreach and Postgraduate Program (estimate 5000 words)

All content needs to be finalised by March 2010

If you are interested in this work please forward your quote and some
examples of your work to corinna.lange at abcrc.org.au by close of business
Tuesday 24 November. For more information contact either Corinna Lange
(P: 0423 782 198; E corinna.lange at abcrc.org.au) or Liz Williams (P: (08)
9266-1705; E: liz.williams at abcrc.org.au)

Corinna Lange

Communication Manager

Australian Biosecurity Cooperative Research Centre for Emerging
Infectious Disease

Building 76 Molecular Biosciences (SMMS)

Cooper Rd

The University of Queensland

St Lucia  QLD  4072

AUSTRALIA