[ASC-list] ASC AGM (national) and Science Trivia Night

Prismatic Sciences jesse at prismaticsciences.com
Thu Nov 12 10:37:15 UTC 2009

ASC AGM (national) and Science Trivia Night - or a 'deep and meaningful
discussion followed by laughs and prizes'

6.00 pm, 16 December 2009

Clarendon Hotel, 156 Devonshire St, Surry Hills NSW 2010

ASC members free, non-members $5 for Science Trivia event

This year economic gloom and then glimmer has strangled the media of most
other matters. It is up to us to grasp back the garrotte and grapple with
where the truly wild things are - in the thickets and imagination of science
communication.

We commence our quest in Sydney by inviting you to attend the national ASC
AGM. In this tightly run and quick moving meeting all will be revealed about
the past year's activities at the national level and we divine the portents
for the year to come. Of course the AGM itself is a portent - of elections
(details to be announced soon).

The national AGM is a very important event in the ASC year. You get a chance
to hear and talk about how the year has gone across the country, receive
reports from the president and the treasurer, elect the new president and
put forward your ideas about what we should be doing in the year ahead
...the "big picture" stuff. NSW is the biggest ASC branch, and so it is the
right place for all this to be happening. You will also hear about plans for
our forthcoming national conference. Be there.

RSVP: Meg Rive, meg.rive at csiro.au, 0438 007 301

But wait there is more!

The Science Trivia Night will follow closely on the breeze of the fast
moving AGM. This hotly contested, controversial fun event will be compered
by quiz master David Ellyard.

Prizes - there will be many,

Challenges - even more,

Laughter - abundant,

Beer - on tap,

Wine - from bottles!

When: 7.30 pm for Science Trivia event, 16 December 2009

Where: Clarendon Hotel, 156 Devonshire St, Surry Hills NSW 2010, Tel: (02)
9699 6001

Who: ASC members for AGM which starts at 6.00pm; everyone invited to Science
Trivia event from 7.30pm

How much: ASC members free, non-members $5 for Science Trivia event

Why: reflection, insight, and to find out who is the science trivia maven of
2009. Also tasty nibbles provided.

RSVP: Meg Rive, meg.rive at csiro.au, 0438 007 301

Cheers,

Jesse