[ASC-list] RiAus Events

Stephan Kern SKern at riaus.org.au
Mon Nov 16 00:50:54 UTC 2009

RiAus- Passing time
John Ward, Margaret Folkard, Stephen Quigg

Wednesday 18 November
6.30-8.00pm
The Science Exchange, Exchange Place, Adelaide
Free, RiAus and Archaeology Society SA Members, $10/7 (Non members and concessions)

>From years to days to seconds to Planck time.  From the ancients to the present, humans have measured time for a variety of reasons - all of them important. Throughout recorded history, telling the time with ever increasing accuracy has become more and more vital to our daily lives. Join physicist / gnomonist John Ward, Margaret Folkard (of Sundials Australia) and Stephen Quigg, National Measurement Institute, as they demonstrate how ancient societies measured and created their own context of time from the Neolithic era, right through to the present day.
In association with the Archaeology Society, SA Friends

Book at http://www.riaus.org.au/events/2009/november/passing_time.jsp

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CA66AE.7614D5A0]
 Steve Kern
 Senior Programs Co-ordinator

 Ri Australia
 PO Box 3652
 RUNDLE MALL  SA  5000
 Ph: (08) 7120 8604 | Fax: (08) 8221 6563 | skern at riaus.org.au|<mailto:atyndall at riaustralia.org.au|> www.riaus.org.au<http://www.riaustralia.org.au/>
The Royal Institution of Australia Inc is a Charitable Institution and is a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR)
ABN: 98638459658

Think B4U Print
1 ream of paper = 6% of a tree and 5.4kg CO2 in the atmosphere
3 sheets of A4 paper = 1 litre of water