[ASC-list] Important announcement re: ASC National Conference

Timothy Thwaites timth at optusnet.com.au
Sun Oct 11 21:01:02 UTC 2009

Dear ASCers,

We have decided to postpone the ASC Conference at the Australian National
University in Canberra until February 8 - 10. Please note that this is a
rejigging, and in no way a cancellation. And the decision has been made in
the interests of putting on a better conference.

There were several compelling reasons behind this decision-the result of
unforeseen difficulties-but they all led us to the conclusion that we needed
more time to draw together the elements that will make the conference a
genuinely useful and productive gathering for all.

We already have a strong draft program, built around the elements we have
outlined-social media, communicating complex issues, science communicating
and the Arts, the latest science communication research. I will be
circulating it in the next week or so.

We are hoping registrations can open within two weeks, and that we can
announce some of our key speakers at that time.

Best Wishes,

Tim