[ASC-list] For all the buzz on Queensland science - new website launched on Friday

Harris, Annie Annie.Harris at deedi.qld.gov.au
Mon Sep 14 04:29:31 UTC 2009

Today the Queensland Government officially launched the Queensland
Science and Technology website www.science.qld.gov.au.

The website is a one-stop-shop for all things about Queensland science
and technology and Includes the latest news about research and
development throughout the state, in-depth feature articles, event
information and profiles of Queensland scientists, along with
Information on government programs and support for science, technology
and innovation.

Some of the fascinating reads include: how we may be filling up our cars
in the future with fuel made from algae and taking home our groceries in
bags made from sugarcane-based bioplastic.

Three high-profile authors have helped to celebrate the website launch
by writing a series of science-focused articles available online from
today.

Favourite Brisbane authors John Birmingham (He Died With A Felafel In
His Hand) and Rebecca Sparrow (The Girl Most Likely) and upcoming young
sci-fi writer Jack Heath (The Lab) have all written about the value of
science and technology to our lifestyle and future.

Visitors to the website may also subscribe to the Science Exchange
newsletter which provides a round-up of the latest and most exciting
advances in Queensland science and technology.

To mark the launch of the Queensland Science and Technology website, a
competition is being held to find out the science that makes
Queenslanders buzz.  Simply suggest a topic for a future feature article
you would like to see on the site, and you could win a pack of books
from some of the talented authors featured at the 2009 Brisbane Writers
Festival.

To subscribe to the Science Exchange Newsletter, enter the competition
and for all the buzz on Queensland science, check out
www.science.qld.gov.au

Annie Harris, Senior Project Officer, Science Partnerships and
Engagement
Employment, Industry Development and Innovation
Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation
Level 10, 111 George St, Brisbane, Queensland 4002
PO Box 15168, City East, Queensland 4002
T+61 7 3224 2383 F +61 7 3225 8754
E annie.harris at deedi.qld.gov.au
www.deedi.qld.gov.au  www.science.qld.gov.au

Unless stated otherwise, this email, together with any attachments, is
intended for the named recipient(s) only and may contain privileged and
confidential information. If received in error, you are asked to inform the
sender as quickly as possible and delete this email and any copies of this
from your computer system network.

If not an intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute or
take any action(s) that relies on it; any form of disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this email is also prohibited.

Unless stated otherwise, this email represents only the views of the sender
and not the views of the Queensland Government.