[ASC-list] Queensland: Nomination deadline extended for 'Our Women, Our State' awards for females in science, tech and engineering

Harris, Annie Annie.Harris at deedi.qld.gov.au
Tue Sep 15 00:29:01 UTC 2009

The nomination date for the Our Women, Our State Awards 2009 has now
been extended to this Friday, 18 September.

Building on the success of the Smart Women - Smart State Awards, the Our
Women, Our State Awards will recognise Queensland girls and women who
are building brighter futures for other females in science, engineering
and technology across seven diverse categories.

In celebration of Q150, the significant contribution of one woman to
achieving progress for the women of our State will also be celebrated
through a special Great Queensland Woman Award.

Nominations are particularly encouraged for the Category 7 Award -
Promoting Indigenous women's and girls' participation in science,
engineering and technology.

The nominee does not have to be Indigenous themselves, but they must be
female and should demonstrate a commitment to the participation or
advancement of Indigenous girls and women in either of these industries.
They may be involved in activities such as:

* Being a key player in a program/event that creates opportunities for
Indigenous girls and women to participate in SET education, training and
employment * Mentoring Indigenous women or girls to consider a
SET-related career * Establishment of relevant associations, community
and school-based clubs that include Indigenous women and girls.

If you think you might know of any women you think might fit the bill,
please encourage them to nominate and visit
www.women.wldqld.gov.au/awards for full details.

For further information go to the website or contact
Awards Coordinator
Office for Women, Department of Communities
(T) 1800 177 577
(E) awards at women.qld.gov.au

Annie Harris, Senior Project Officer, Science Partnerships and
Engagement
Employment, Industry Development and Innovation
Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation
Level 10, 111 George St, Brisbane, Queensland 4002
PO Box 15168, City East, Queensland 4002
T+61 7 3224 2383 F +61 7 3225 8754
E annie.harris at deedi.qld.gov.au
www.deedi.qld.gov.au  www.science.qld.gov.au

Unless stated otherwise, this email, together with any attachments, is
intended for the named recipient(s) only and may contain privileged and
confidential information. If received in error, you are asked to inform the
sender as quickly as possible and delete this email and any copies of this
from your computer system network.

If not an intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute or
take any action(s) that relies on it; any form of disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this email is also prohibited.

Unless stated otherwise, this email represents only the views of the sender
and not the views of the Queensland Government.