[ASC-list] Universities Australia climate forum

Niall Byrne niall at scienceinpublic.com.au
Mon Apr 19 21:40:05 UTC 2010

Dear ASCers,

Last month Universities Australia held a climate change forum at Parliament House.

Sixteen scientists, social scientists and public servants from universities, research institutes and government agencies revealed a snapshot of climate change in Australia.

Speakers at the forum backed the detailed measurements of climate change presented earlier in the week by the CSIRO and the Bureau of Meteorology-temperature increases, changes in rainfall, increasing acidification of the ocean, sea level rises. But they went further. They linked those measures directly to consequences for Australians now and in the near future.
An article, audio, slides and other resources from the forum are now available online. We hope that this material will serve as a resource for others discussing climate change and its impact on Australia.

The above material is available at www.universitiesaustralia.edu.au<http://www.universitiesaustralia.edu.au>

Universities Australia will be holding two more national policy forums this year and we will keep you posted on these matters.

Kind regards,

Niall Byrne, Science in Public

On behalf of Peter Coaldrake, Chair, Universities Australia

________

Niall Byrne

Science in Public
26 Railway Street South, Altona Vic 3018

ph +61 (3) 9398 1416 or 0417 131 977

Full contact details at www.scienceinpublic.com.au<http://www.scienceinpublic.com.au/>