[ASC-list] Geneticists, psychologists, neurobiologists wanted for a TV documentary

James Shirvill shirvill at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 00:01:12 UTC 2010

Are some people "hard-wired" to be more impulsive, aggressive, empathetic or
optimistic?

Melbourne's Emergint Productions <http://www.intprods.com> is developing
an international TV documentary series on how common variations in human
genetics help to shape our innate temperament. We are looking for
media-friendly scientists to carry out genetic analyses (VNTRs, CNVs), brain
imaging (EEG, fMRI) or psychological testing (games and paradigms) on a
small number of volunteers, and more importantly to interpret the results
for us on camera.

Perhaps the best known example of temperament being heritable comes not from
humans, but from from dogs. Emergint would therefore like to hear from
veterinary researchers, too, about personality traits that are stably
associated with certain dog breeds and about genetic or neurobiological
studies of such traits.

Filming is expected to start late this year or early next year in locations
around Australia, the UK and the USA. Anyone who would like to contribute
their skills (or opinions!) to this fascinating project should contact the
series researcher, James Shirvill (details below).

Thanks in advance,

James Shirvill
Researcher, Emergint Productions
www.intprods.com