[ASC-list] Geoscience Australia presents Geoscience by Night - 17 and 18 August - Canberra [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Kate.Lehane at ga.gov.au Kate.Lehane at ga.gov.au
Tue Aug 10 01:33:30 UTC 2010

Geoscience Australia will be presenting Geoscience by Night to celebrate National Science Week 2010. Two public lectures on Tuesday 17 and Wednesday 18 August will highlight some of Geoscience Australia's key research activities.

On Tuesday night, discover Australia's energy resource potential, and learn more about our geothermal energy and groundwater resources. Wednesday night's talks will explore how geoscience knowledge is being applied around Australia to better understand and manage our environment.

When: 6-7.30pm on Tuesday 17 and Wednesday 18 August 2010
Where: Geoscience Australia<http://www.ga.gov.au/about-us/contact.jsp>, Cnr Jerrabomberra Avenue and Hindmarsh Drive, Symonston ACT
Cost: Free
More information: http://www.ga.gov.au/education/events/national-science-week.jsp
Contact: (02) 6249 9673 or education at ga.gov.au<mailto:education at ga.gov.au>

Geoscience Australia will also be presenting a hands-on geological activity in partnership with the Geological Society of Australia (ACT branch) at CSIRO Discovery's Family Science Spectacular<http://www.csiro.au/events/Family-Science-Spectacular.html> being held from Friday 20 - Sunday 22 August. This interactive activity will give participants the chance to cause an earthquake and make their own erupting volcano.