[ASC-list] ASF event: Cartoons on the Brain

Mike.Mcrae at csiro.au Mike.Mcrae at csiro.au
Fri Aug 13 02:22:39 UTC 2010

What is it about cartoons that our brains just love so much? Beauty might be in the eye of the beholder, but art is all about the brain. Come join CSIRO writer and illustrator Mike McRae at the Shine Dome for the Australian Science Festival as he explores the psychology and neurology behind art, looking at how optical illusions tell us a lot about how our senses work and why a few squiggles and lines on a page can tell a story that makes us laugh and cry.