[ASC-list] A naked scientist, exploring the oceans, amazing caves and much more

Niall Byrne niall at scienceinpublic.com.au
Fri Aug 13 06:31:09 UTC 2010

Dear ASC'ers,

Sent on behalf of Teresa Belcher and Valerie Gregory

We've identified 135 Science Week events around Australia with a biodiversity connection. So we thought we'd share them with you in this special Science Week edition of our Biodiversity Year bulletin.

You can learn how to keep bugs alive, immerse yourself in flora and fauna on a walk through the forest, hear about the unique environment of Barrow Island in Western Australia and discover how a genetic disease in the Royal Family relates to biodiversity.

There are so many events we can't list them all here (it runs to 14 pages). Visit www.scienceinpublic.com/blog/category/bulletins/biodiversity-bulletin<http://www.scienceinpublic.com/blog/category/bulletins/biodiversity-bulletin> and find out what's happening in your state during National Science Week.

Kind regards,

Teresa and Valerie

Coordinators, International Year of Biodiversity (Australia)

Teresa Belcher (teresa.belcher at museum.wa.gov.au<mailto:teresa.belcher at museum.wa.gov.au> | tel: 08 9212 3760)
Valerie Gregory (valerie.gregory at austmus.gov.au<mailto:valerie.gregory at austmus.gov.au> | tel: 02 9320 6342)

http://www.biodiversity.org.au<http://www.biodiversity2010.org.au/>

This bulletin has been sent by Science in Public, on behalf of CAMD and the International Year of Biodiversity Coordinators.

IYOB is an initiative of the Council of Australasian Museum Directors (CAMD), funded with assistance from the Science Connections Program within the Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research.

Keep up to date with biodiversity events by visiting www.biodiversity2010.org.au<http://www.biodiversity2010.org.au>.

Find out about more National Science Week events at www.scienceweek.gov.au<http://www.scienceweek.gov.au>.

The full bulletin is too large to post to the list. You can read it online at http://www.scienceinpublic.com/blog/category/bulletins/biodiversity-bulletin