[ASC-list] SCERN: Recommendations for future interactions

Sean Perera sean.perera at anu.edu.au
Wed Feb 17 04:56:57 UTC 2010

 -  <!--  /* Style Definitions */  p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal 	{mso-style-parent:""; 	margin:0pt; 	margin-bottom:.0001pt; 	mso-pagination:widow-orphan; 	font-size:12.0pt; 	font-family:"Times New Roman"; 	mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; 	mso-ansi-language:EN-GB;} @page Section1 	{size:595.3pt 841.9pt; 	margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; 	mso-header-margin:35.4pt; 	mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; 	mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 	{page:Section1;} -->   Hello ASC Members (in particular, members of SCERN),

 Some of us from SCERN (Science Communication Education and Research Network) had a productive meeting during lunch on the last day of ASC2010. As promised at that meeting, CPAS will be providing a focal point to support future interactions between SCERN members.

  I would like to know what you, as a science communication educator/researcher, would like to receive through your interactions with SCERN. Could you please send me (E: sean.perera at anu.edu.au) three brief bullet points highlighting what you would personally like to achieve out of SCERN?

  I hope to have ready a compiled list of your recommendations by the first week of March 2010. Therefore, could you please get back to me by Thursday 25 Feb.

  Also, I would be very grateful if you could circulate this e-mail among your colleagues who are interested/engaged in science communication education and research.

 Regards,
 Sean.

  Sean Perera PhD
  Centre for the Public Awareness of Science
 The Australian National University
 Canberra , Australia
 T: +612 61251073
 E: Sean.Perera at anu.edu.au