[ASC-list] Community Relations Officer - Brisbane

Sarah Tennant Sarah.Tennant at qimr.edu.au
Mon Feb 22 03:47:54 UTC 2010

COMMUNITY RELATIONS OFFICER

*         Public speaking role

*         Communicating science

*         Brisbane based

QIMR is one of Australia's largest and most successful medical research
institutes. We investigate the genetic and environmental causes of more
than 40 diseases, and are developing new diagnostics, better treatments
and prevention strategies to promote health and well being for all
people.

The External Relations Department is part of QIMR's Corporate Division
and is responsible for the Institute's science communication, education
and fundraising programs.

We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic person who enjoys
meeting people and working with the public to run our community
engagement program.

Your role will be to educate the community about who we are and what we
do by conducting tours of our research facilities at Herston, speaking
to community groups in Brisbane and surrounds and coordinating displays.
You will actively contribute to our fundraising program by educating the
community about our reliance on their support through donations to make
our research happen.

To be successful in this role you will need to be a very confident
public speaker who is comfortable speaking to small and large groups and
a range of audiences including school students, the general community,
business people and members of service clubs and community
organisations. You will have a driver's licence and be available to work
outside normal business hours when required.

Salary range is $48,935-$54,736. Attractive salary packaging and
superannuation options also apply. This is a permanent full time
appointment.

Further information is available from Science Communication Manager,
Sarah Tennant on 07 3362 0291 or Sarah.Tennant at qimr.edu.au
<mailto:Sarah.Tennant at qimr.edu.au>

Queensland Institute of Medical Research

Sarah Tennant

Science Communication Manager

300 Herston Road, Herston QLD, 4006

PO Royal Brisbane Hospital, Brisbane, QLD, 4029

Tel: +61 7 3362 0291 | Mobile: +61412 553 004 | Fax: +61 7 3362 0102

Email: sarah.tennant at qimr.edu.au <mailto:vivienne.johnson at qimr.edu.au>

http://www.qimr.edu.au <http://www.qimr.edu.au/>

Better health through medical research