[ASC-list] Beauty and the Geek looking for scientists

Regan Forrest regan at reganforrest.com
Tue Jul 6 07:41:25 UTC 2010

Hmm. So they say that:

"The premise of the show is to carry out a social experiment. . .. We will
couple together beautiful, socially savvy women with highly intelligent
males, and through a series of challenges, see what they learn from each
other. The idea is to embrace and celebrate the talent and individuality of
each contestant."

I confess I've never seen the show, but the promos suggest a completely
different proposition, namely: we put socially awkward nerds and
outrageously stupid bimbos together and humiliate them all for your viewing
pleasure!

They don't make it look like much 'learning', 'embracing' or 'celebrating'
are going on at all . . .

Does anyone have any experience of the show besides my cynical observations
from afar?

Regan