[ASC-list] Podcast from ASCSA event on evaluation

Lisa Bailey LBailey at riaus.org.au
Wed Jul 21 04:47:56 UTC 2010

Hi ASCers,

While I've tried posting this to the ASC site I can't see it there yet.   I think I'm still trying to figure out how this list and the website work together.  I know you can search mailing list posts on the ASC site, but they don't get categorised like we'd want them to (eg all appears in 'mailing list' caterogy, but none of our posts appear under the 'SA' category).  Am I supposed to submit events via this email list or on the ASC site?  Do I have to do both?  Advice appreciated.

The point of this email:

On Monday 19 July ASC SA branch held an event at the Science Exchange on evaluating science communication activities.

A podcast of the evening is now available at http://www.riaus.org.au/science/whats_on/past_events/audio_recordings.jsp

Along with some references on evaluation:

RCUK:  http://www.rcuk.ac.uk/per/bestprac.htm
Beacons for public engagement: http://www.publicengagement.ac.uk/sites/default/files/EvaluatingPublicEngagement.pdf
National STEM Centre: http://www.nationalstemcentre.org.uk/res/documents/page/STEM_Does_it_work_revised_Oct_09.pdf
Best wishes