[ASC-list] NSW event: Communicating Climate Change & other Risky Business

Phil Dooley phil.dooley at sydney.edu.au
Fri Jul 23 07:35:03 UTC 2010

COMMUNICATING CLIMATE CHANGE AND OTHER RISKY BUSINESS

Jenni Metcalfe - convenor, Hot Air Symposia.

Tuesday August 10th, 6.30 PM
Clarendon Hotel, 156 Devonshire St, Surry Hills
Members free, non-members $10
RSVP: ascnsw at gmail.com by 5 PM Fri 6th
Light refreshments provided, first drink free

----
Why are more Australians becoming climate sceptics? How should we use
science to communicate about climate change and other risky environmental
issues? Can we do it badly? How can we do it well?

Come along to this special NSW ASC event and find the hot tips from the Hot
Air symposia convened by ASC over the last 18 months. Convenor of the Hot
Air symposia, Jenni Metcalfe, will lead an informal discussion on
communicating climate change and other relevant issues. This is a taster for
the workshop being convened the following day in association with ASC
("Climate Change - Communicating the Science". see www.iap2.org.au/events)

JENNI METCALFE is a science and environmental communication consultant
and Director of Econnect Communication Pty Ltd. She has been a science
communicator for more than 20 years and has qualifications in both
journalism and science. She is a former President of ASC.

--
Dr Philip Dooley | Manager of Outreach Programs
School of Physics | Faculty of Science

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
T +61 2 9351 3201  | F +61 2 9351 7726  | M +61 414 94 55 77
E Phil.Dooley at sydney.edu.au | W
http://sydney.edu.au/science/physics/schools_community
Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/School-of-Physics-University-of-Sydney/2482078
02670

CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised use
is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please delete it
and any attachments.
Please think of our environment and only print this e-mail if necessary